Chilli Con Carne with a healthy twist, just because you are on a diet it doesn't have to be boring. You can still eat the same foods but with a twist. Chill con Carne is great healthy meal but instead of the rice put in on a bed of green leafy salad if your choice.Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 450g of lean minced beef
- 2 x 390g cartons of chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomatoes puree
- 1 x 390g carton of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, hot or mild depending on taste
- 2 heaped tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 50g mushrooms, chopped
- Seasoning to taste (salt and pepper)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and cook the onions and garlic for approx. 3 -5 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and cook until brown, stirring all the time, season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes with the tomato puree and add them to the meat and onions and stir in.
- Now add the kidney beans, chili powder and fresh coriander, stir to mix Simmer over a gentle heat for 15 minutes and then add the peppers and mushrooms stir in and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or leafy green salad of your choice.
(suitable for home freezing)